a healthy banana split

10:15 AM


Since I've been on my vegan journey my speciality has been finding or creating desserts that still feel decadent and indulgent. I'm finding out that if you're willing to put in a little extra time then you can totally make that happen even without dairy! 
One of my favorite "guilty pleasures" is a banana split. I've gotten one at every ice cream parlor I've ever been too and it just never gets old. As soon summer arrived and the temperatures started veering dangerously close to 100 degrees there was only one thing I craved - a banana split. So I rolled up my sleeves and decided to make it happen, chocolate sauce included!! It turns out it's the perfect quick and easy summer treat!

You will need:

vegan coconut milk ice cream 
bananas
chopped nuts of choice
strawberries (as a garnish)
sprinkles (for fun!)

For the chocolate sauce:

1/2 c coconut oil 
4 tbsp + 2 tsp cacao powder 
2 tbsp + 2 tsp maple syrup 
1/4 tsp vanilla extract 
pinch of sea salt

Add the coconut oil to a small sauce pan and melt on low. When liquid, remove from the heat and stir in the cacao powder. Mix until all the lumps are dissolved, then stir in the maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract and sea salt.

Pile it all together and dig in!! Totally guilt free!


*chocolate sauce recipe found here

You Might Also Like

0 notes