banana nut muffins

3:18 PM


I'm always looking to bake something that the kids will eat too these days and banana muffins seem to always do the trick. I wanted something easy that I could throw together in the morning and have on hand for snack time. 
I seriously underestimated how much we would all love these as they were all gone a day after I made them. Oh well... guess I'll have to make another batch :). 


2 mashed bananas
1/2 c almond milk
2 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 large egg
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c quick-cooking oats
1/4 c granulated white sugar
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c chopped nuts
some sugar for sprinkling on top


Preheat oven to 375°F.

In a medium bowl mix the bananas, milk, oil, egg and vanilla.


In a small bowl whisk flour and remaining ingredients.

Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined. Add the nuts and fold in gently.


I made six regular sized muffins and eight mini muffins. Sprinkle the tops with some sugar for an extra delicious crunchy top.

Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.


Birdie could barely contain her excitement asking me every two minutes "are they ready???"




You Might Also Like

0 notes